Vegan Caramel Apples is the most popular sweet treat. You can try it on Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas or even on the birthday party of your little ones. Vegan food means to cut off all the non-vegetarian food from your diet. But it is hard to find vegan heavy cream to make caramel sauce. No doubt, vegan caramel apples are easily available on the market. But to make it at home, we have some of the recipes that you can try.
Vegan Caramel Apples Recipe
It is hard to imagine that caramel can be made without any dairy products. To make vegan caramel you can try coconut milk instead of dairy milk. But you must have to use refined coconut milk to avoid coconut flavour from your caramel. You can also use soy milk for the right consistency. Always use a heavy bottom pot to make your caramel so that sugar can be cooked evenly.
First add sugar, water and cream of tartar say lemon in your saucepan, on medium flame it’ll start to boil. Let it turn brown. Then remove it from the heat and immediately add coconut milk. Then stir it for a few seconds. Add soy milk and continue whisk it until it gets a smooth texture and everything is well mixed. Then cool it to room temperature. Your vegan caramel sauce is ready.
Time To add Washed Apples
Then you can reheat your caramel again to get the consistency for dipping apples. If you feel that your caramel is too thick, add 2 tablespoons of soy milk. After getting the right consistency, dip the apples in your caramel. Let the excess caramel drip off and set your dipped apples on a tray. Coole it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. And ta da your Vegan Caramel Apples are ready to serve.
Some Useful Recipe Notes
- After you slightly cool down your sauce, let it heat on low flame again for 30 seconds. That bubbly feeling will make your caramel the right consistency to dip in apples.
- Caramel sauce recipe is more of the science. If you add proper measurements of water and sugar, you’ll get the right consistency.
- You must have to watch it carefully, it only takes 30 seconds to create a mess.
- A pinch of cream of tartar will keep your sugar smooth.
- If your caramel sauce is too liquidy, you can store it for more than 30 to 60 seconds to evaporate some liquid.
Vegan caramel apples are one of the most famous desserts. And the beautiful thing about this sweet treat is that it is a vegan dish. You are not harming any animal in the making of this dish. From children to adults, everyone will fall in love with this candy type caramel apples. We hope that you enjoy our article.