With all the hype regarding edible wax, artificial colors and chemical fertilizers used for growing fruits and vegetables, you might be concerned about the cleaning of fruits and vegetables before consumption. While you may be buying only organic vegetables, you still need to wash them well to ensure they are completely safe for consumption. To prevent the spread of diseases, many people started consuming fruits and vegetables after peeling off their skins. But some fruits have skins that are especially loaded with nutrients, such as apples and grapes.
If you want to eat the fruits or vegetables with their skins, you need to ensure that there is no bacteria, parasite or other bugs and toxins on them. Some farmers use natural fertilizers that contain large amounts of animal feces. All this makes it very important for you to clean your vegetables and fruits very well. There have been many cases of people suffering from dangerous diseases because of the chemicals used for growing this natural produce. Here are some methods by which you can clean your fruits and vegetables naturally.
Cleaning Tools for Fruits And Vegetables
- Cleaning Brush
You need to collect a good fruit and vegetable cleaning brush. Pick one with a bamboo handle and Tampico fibre bristles.
- Natural Cleaning Products
These include apple cider vinegar, a spray bottle and white vinegar.
How to Clean Fruits and Vegetables with Natural Cleaning Tools
- Start by combining a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar with some filtered water into a spray bottle. Spray this liquid over your fruits and vegetables and gently scrub with the brush. Next, give them a good rinse. If you are cleaning bigger batches of vegetables and fruits, let them soak in a liquid made of white vinegar and water. Let them soak for 5 minutes and then give them a good scrub with the brush. Lastly, rinse off and wipe dry.
- You can also purchase a store-bought device made especially for cleaning fruits and vegetables. All you need to do is to soak your items in this device as it cleans and rinses them all in a few minutes. But this might work out to be costly and it also runs on electricity.
- You can, alternatively, purchase a fruit and vegetable wash from the market too. What we mentioned-above was an alternative made at home with natural and edible ingredients. We specifically like the Rebel Green Fruit & Veggie Clean wash, which contains extracts of organic lemon, lime extract, and some grapefruit extract. It does give a very clean feel to your fruits and veggies.
- You need to just spray this liquid on your fruits and vegetables and let rest for 5 minutes. Later, you can give them all a good rinse and wipe dry.
Using these natural cleaning tools and products will give you peace of mind while consuming fruits and vegetables directly with their skins intact.